Starbucks Via

Has anyone had the new Starbucks Via instant coffee? I'm not a huge fan of Starbucks coffee, but this is the best instant coffee I've ever tasted! It won't replace my French press, but its really nice if I want a cup and don't have time to brew it.
Here is the commercial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFvaXXFrg-E

Comments

  • shamrocked
    shamrocked Posts: 285 ✭
    I haven't tried it yet but I have been really wanting to - I am glad to find a review in favor of it - might have to pick some up this weekend
  • gmill880
    gmill880 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭
    No buuuut ...Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha ...thats what I'm talking about ...
  • Luko
    Luko Posts: 1,995 ✭✭
    Love coffee, but not Starbucks at all...beans are burnt.
  • Smokeee
    Smokeee Posts: 220 ✭
    Actually, I just did try them both (medium & extra bold) this past weekend. Personally, I didn't like the extra bold one bit. The medium was just ok- would do in a real bind, but wouldn't be my first choice even for an instant coffee. The girl at Starbucks did tell me they are adding more flavors soon. Sure hope its Mocha!!
  • Krieg
    Krieg Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭
    nothing will ever replace my Keurig!

    "Long ashes my friends."

  • BStayer
    BStayer Posts: 317 ✭
    Luko:
    Love coffee, but not Starbucks at all...beans are burnt.

    I have to agree with this. I've never cared much for their coffee. It's so overly bitter that you can't taste any coffee...then your palate is ruined for half the day. I still prefer my drip coffee maker at home with freshed ground whole-bean coffee.
  • stephen_hannibal
    stephen_hannibal Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭
    Picked up a couple of the samplers for it today. They were handing them out downtown so I thought why not.
  • cholmes8310
    cholmes8310 Posts: 1,585
    haven't tried it. i'm pretty partial to brewin it myself. However, I'd drink the via before this kind (and via is a WHOLE LOT cheaper):

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak
  • MAJORdorMo
    MAJORdorMo Posts: 356 ✭
    cholmes8310:
    haven't tried it. i'm pretty partial to brewin it myself. However, I'd drink the via before this kind (and via is a WHOLE LOT cheaper):



    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kopi_Luwak


    Thats pretty unappetizing...
  • rdnstn
    rdnstn Posts: 992 ✭✭
    gmill880:
    No buuuut ...Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha ...thats what I'm talking about ...
    Have you tried the peppermint white chocolate mocha that they have out for the holidays? It's even better IMO
  • T. Gervais
    T. Gervais Posts: 237 ✭
    BStayer:
    Luko:
    Love coffee, but not Starbucks at all...beans are burnt.

    I have to agree with this. I've never cared much for their coffee. It's so overly bitter that you can't taste any coffee...then your palate is ruined for half the day. I still prefer my drip coffee maker at home with freshed ground whole-bean coffee.
    +1. They may not be able to make good espresso, but their froofroo drinks are next to none.
  • gmill880
    gmill880 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭
    rdnstn:
    gmill880:
    No buuuut ...Starbucks White Chocolate Mocha ...thats what I'm talking about ...
    Have you tried the peppermint white chocolate mocha that they have out for the holidays? It's even better IMO

    No but that sounds good I'll give it a try this weekend ...