Yankees win Yankees win RIP Dad

kingjk729
kingjk729 Posts: 2,576 ✭✭✭
Just wanted to say congrats to the Yankees for winning their 27th World Series. My father who passed back in January was a huge Yankees fan and iam sure he's so proud of his team. When i was a kid growing up my father and i didnt have a great relationship but as i grew and matured, baseball was one of the things that brought me closer to my father. I'll always miss my dad, and am glad that the Yanks won so i know he'll be happy as well.

Comments

  • Congrats to the Bronx bombers....sorry to hear about your loss kingjk729.
  • YankeeMan
    YankeeMan Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure your Dad is looking down with a big smile on his face.

    It sure wasn't easy holding my breath for that last at bat! My son bought me a Cuban cigar when he was in Mexico and I been saving it for a special occasion. Guess what I'll be smoking tormorrow?
  • jsnake
    jsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    kingjk729:
    Just wanted to say congrats to the Yankees for winning their 27th World Series. My father who passed back in January was a huge Yankees fan and iam sure he's so proud of his team. When i was a kid growing up my father and i didnt have a great relationship but as i grew and matured, baseball was one of the things that brought me closer to my father. I'll always miss my dad, and am glad that the Yanks won so i know he'll be happy as well.
    Happy for you and it is nice that you guys had that bond with something. Some people never get that second chance.