My first beetle??

Rhamlin
Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
Saw this today no holes in the cello but it was full of the little critters poo. Hopefully this is the only one. Can't check the others because I'm on the boat. But it's smoking fine and none have come crawling out yet. imageimage

Comments

  • CharlieHeis
    CharlieHeis Posts: 9,232 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn those little sonsabitches. My biggest fear in this hobby. That, and seeing my bank statement.
  • jd50ae
    jd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    CharlieHeis:
    Damn those little sonsabitches. My biggest fear in this hobby. That, and seeing my bank statement.


    AMEN
  • Big''nBall''n
    Big''nBall''n Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭
    Did you have to cut it above the hole to smoke it? (newbie question)
    The Names Ball'n.... Big'nBall'n! 
  • Rhamlin
    Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Big''nBall''n:
    Did you have to cut it above the hole to smoke it? (newbie question)
    I didn't but it had a big leak in the hole. I just kept my finger on it and it burned fine. For a Prensado that is.
  • jlmarta
    jlmarta Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they crawl out the head end of the stick just pick them off with the tip of your pocketknife and keep smoking. It's all good..... Lol. ??
  • Bob_Luken
    Bob_Luken Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn! I was actually thinking about you recently and how you can't keep a close eye on your stash at home while you are on the boat. So sorry to hear about your situation. How long before you get home?

    I've been collecting cigars for about three years now and had three cases of beetles myself. I freeze most of my cigars. Right now about 3/4ths of mine I have frozen. So, I don't worry too much but I do keep a closer eye on my "non-treated" stock and I don't mix treated and non-treated cigars in my collection. If there's anything I can offer in the way of advice on killing them, let me know.
  • Darktower007
    Darktower007 Posts: 2,580 ✭✭✭✭
    Man oh man that sucks! That is a fear we all share...why does it have to happen to a good cigar! Be nice if they targeted Victor St Claire or yard gars only..lol
  • Bigshizza
    Bigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ewww Ricky gonna have to check that stash bro when you get home!
  • Rhamlin
    Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still got 3 weeks maybe 4 before I go back home. I might get my buddy to stop by one day after work and give them a looksie.
  • The3Stogies
    The3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    That sucks, how long does it take for beetles to thrive like that? I mean did this happen on the boat or it started at home? Every time a post is made about this I have to go check my cigars.
  • Amos_Umwhat
    Amos_Umwhat Posts: 10,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    A pox on the beetle filth!
    "If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain