Ageing

Any cigar you have aged a year or more and thought it improved dramatically! Thinking long term and what brands are vastly improved over time.

Comments

  • Lee.mcglynn
    Lee.mcglynn Posts: 5,960 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO all will improve unless you age turds and flavored stuff. Personally I love aged padrons
    Money can't buy taste
  • youngryan216
    youngryan216 Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭
    5 Vegas Gold Maduro. Great cigar to put to rest a bit below 70% rH. I like them around 66-67% rH because the wrappers are notorious for being tough to keep lit.

    6 months minimum resting time and you will have no problems at a constant 67% humidity. Haven't had a bundle make it a year yet, but it's a solid smoke that mellows and becomes considerably more enjoyable with time imho. And you can catch them for $2 a stick during certain sales.
    ISO Ramrod and Ron Mexico
  • Ken_Light
    Ken_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Diesel UHC. 2-3 years and they're amazing.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • bandyt09
    bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, I have had success with the My Father line, in fact, I typically don't smoke them until the 18 month mark, the old DPG Black Cuban Classic, the Old La Gloria Cubana Serie R and the Fuente rolled Ashton La Aroma de Cuba. Also, the DPG rolled 5 Vegas Miami Knuckle did quite well. I think the Cain F Lancero will do well so I am laying a box done for 2 years, at least. On the flip side, nothing in the Tatuaje line has benefitted from age just became very muted.
  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    OpusX needs a year to be worth the price tag.

    Hoyo de Monterrey Le Hoyo Des Dieux after 5 years is outstanding.
  • ddubridge
    ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Everyday...without the E
  • rsherman24
    rsherman24 Posts: 7,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Diesel UHC. 2-3 years and they're amazing.

    Agreed. I buy Diesel UHC and HOTD and bury them as long as I can. Terrible off the truck in my opinion, but awesome with a year or three on them.
  • ddubridge
    ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:
    Diesel UHC. 2-3 years and they're amazing.

    Agreed. I buy Diesel UHC and HOTD and bury them as long as I can. Terrible off the truck in my opinion, but awesome with a year or three on them.
    Everything diesel is better with age.
  • taythegibs
    taythegibs Posts: 2,025 ✭
    ddubridge:
    rsherman24:
    Ken Light:
    Diesel UHC. 2-3 years and they're amazing.

    Agreed. I buy Diesel UHC and HOTD and bury them as long as I can. Terrible off the truck in my opinion, but awesome with a year or three on them.
    Everything diesel is better with age.

    Yes. I'd pick a diesel with 2 years over many if not most of the more expensive smokes I've had.
  • Retircs1
    Retircs1 Posts: 453 ✭
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
  • Bob_Luken
    Bob_Luken Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
    If you dont think about aging cigars, it'll happen, eventually. And the Boveda packs can be placed anywhere in your humidor. It's ok if they touch the cigars. The 69 will give off moisture/humidity if your humidor is below 69%RH and it will absorb humidity if your humidor is above 69%RH. They are easy and effective. Depending on the size of your humidor, you may need more than one.
  • jliu
    jliu Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
  • taythegibs
    taythegibs Posts: 2,025 ✭
    jliu:
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
    Bad Mr June bug.
  • jliu
    jliu Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭✭
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
    Bad Mr June bug.
    a taythegibs with no age ;)
  • The3Stogies
    The3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably the most improved is the Vegas Cask in my lot. All get better but the Cask really improved with a year and after the 2 year mark even better. Seem to burn better too, less running. MOW Armada's age well too.
  • Ken_Light
    Ken_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Retircs1:
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
    Yeah 2-3 years is really where aging starts, man. It seemed madness to me at first too, but it's true and it's worth it. A few months is really what we call "rest." It can stave off small issues from wonky RH's and temps in transit and get them the to the levels you prefer for smoking, but little else.
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • taythegibs
    taythegibs Posts: 2,025 ✭
    jliu:
    taythegibs:
    jliu:
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
    Bad Mr June bug.
    a taythegibs with no age ;)
    Uh.....what?
  • KCW
    KCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    Diesel UHC
    Just about anything AF
    Camacho Corojo LTD.
    Casa Magna Colorado
    Padron Anniversaries

    These are just some of the ones I've had recently. Too many too list. I'm at the point now where everything in my Humi. has some age on it
  • Krieg
    Krieg Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭
    Padron 4000, had two years on it when I smoked it. Tasted like a $30 cigar. I will always remember that smoke.

    "Long ashes my friends."

  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Ken Light:
    Retircs1:
    two to three year ! ? HS Batman I have a hard enough time with a few months. Q? the I have one Bolivia pack 69 how do you use it? FYI I know how to ^9 so don't go there :P
    Yeah 2-3 years is really where aging starts, man. It seemed madness to me at first too, but it's true and it's worth it. A few months is really what we call "rest." It can stave off small issues from wonky RH's and temps in transit and get them the to the levels you prefer for smoking, but little else.
    i have a box of cigars that i bought to age five years before i even smoke one. im about two years in.
  • webmost
    webmost Posts: 7,713 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jliu:
    Victor sinclair with 90 years
    A well meaning fellow sent me a Victor Sinclair here not too long ago. PM me your addy and I'll send it to you to age 90 years before sparking.

    You're welcome.

    I'll even throw in a Vigilante.

    Let me know how it works out.

    “It has been a source of great pain to me to have met with so many among [my] opponents who had not the liberality to distinguish between political and social opposition; who transferred at once to the person, the hatred they bore to his political opinions.” —Thomas Jefferson (1808)