Pre-Gang War Brainstorming
SleevePlz
Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
Hey guys, it's almost time to begin our annual, summer-long, East Coast/West Coast Gang War. Before we officially launch it and start the sign up process, I would like to entertain any ideas we have to make this year's the best yet.
I have discussed this with people in the past and I can't remember if any of it was posted or just talked about in person, so I'll throw out the first idea. Instead of having just one bomb at a time, we will instead coordinate a bomb being tossed in both directions each week. I think the best way would be to plan on having bombs sent on Monday. That way, they are received by Wednesday/Thursday and that victim has until the next Monday to coordinate their attack. This way, we have two bombs per week with a little more structure. It also adds the dynamic of simultaneous bombs giving it a more war-like feel. Also, if we have, for example, 12 people per side, we know it will be over in 12 weeks and actually be a summer event as opposed to a 7/8 month long game. Last year, some people were waiting a loooong time to participate and it took a little away from it.
So, do we like this idea for a structure? Is there an issue with it that I'm missing? Do you have other ideas to make it better? Other guidelines that might make it better? Whatcha think? I'd like to start the sign up in a couple weeks and have the bombs start flying the first week of June.
LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
0
Comments
-
Sounds like a good plan to me. Hopefully people will stick to the every Monday bomb rule.0
-
You might want to redistrict the East /West border since the West just crushed last year!! Lol0
-
I'll gladly put you on the East to ensure not being bombed by you! LolChuck N:You might want to redistrict the East /West border since the West just crushed last year!! LolLLA - Lancero Lovers of America0 -
Sounds like a good plan to me.0
-
Since I am in the midwest I will just look up and watch the fireworks.0
-
Nah, pick a side and talk some trash!jsnake:Since I am in the midwest I will just look up and watch the fireworks.LLA - Lancero Lovers of America0 -
Wessssssyyyyyyyyde!"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR0
-
i cannot join this year. as roman destroyed me last year. but still. west siiiiiIIIIIIIIIDE0
-
I'm out as well. You guys might have a chance this year. West Side pho Life.0
-
I didn't join the last one. I'll try to make you guys proud. Killa Kali son! GLS Pho (#2 large) Lyfe!james40:I'm out as well. You guys might have a chance this year. West Side pho Life."It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR0 -
Tony,
Here's a thought (maybe rum fueled, maybe not). Maybe, instead of an East / West side we just make it a gang war? Have everyone sign up and have two team captains pick their team members. This way, not only will you have the dynamic of simultaneous bombs but no one will know who is on who's team. I'm sure there are more details to it but all in all it shouldn't be too hard. Again, just a thought. Any way it goes, I'm in0 -
Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?LLA - Lancero Lovers of America0
-
Just sign me up and pick me a side. Im good for whatever.Family, Friends, Golf, Cigars, Fine Whiskey, Good beer.... is there anything else ? Follow on instagram @crguy19610
-
I agree with Curt, as long as I get to blow someone up I'm good with it!0
-
Uh oh....Big Shot!curtpick:Just sign me up and pick me a side. Im good for whatever.0 -
Just read through last years war and WOW. After seeing the carnage that was laid forth by you guys I think I'll just watch from the sidelines. There's no way I could keep up with all the A-bombs you guys are dropping around here.0
-
Maybe someone on the East team can clue me in on how to participate. I wasnt around last year to play.0
-
I like it. But if I'm picked last I don't want to play. LolSleevePlz:Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR0 -
This is my one concern. Perhaps the captains could do their draft privately and then release the whole teams at once?danielzreyes:
I like it. But if I'm picked last I don't want to play. LolSleevePlz:Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?LLA - Lancero Lovers of America0 -
Here's last year's thread: http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/683518.aspxflowbee:Maybe someone on the East team can clue me in on how to participate. I wasnt around last year to play.LLA - Lancero Lovers of America0 -
How are the captains picked?0
-
Tony, my thought was that all the names get PM'd to you and then you send the list to both team captains and they can draft through PM. The only restrictions should be that the opposing team members cannot be mentioned by the team captain. I was thinking that once a team member is hit, then the captain gives that member their target. I think it'll keep outside interest in the game as well as every one involved, with the exceptions of the team captain, will be just as surprised with the hit.SleevePlz:
This is my one concern. Perhaps the captains could do their draft privately and then release the whole teams at once?danielzreyes:
I like it. But if I'm picked last I don't want to play. LolSleevePlz:Todd, I like your style! I wouldn't be opposed to ditching the East/West delineation. Everyone else, thoughts?
DZR, you are always picked last, you should be used to it by now. COHIBA's RULE!!!!!!!!!!0 -
When sign ups start I think if you are in and are interested in being a team captain just mention it. All those wishing to be captains go into a hat and the first two out are captains. Of course, it is just my suggestion.Rain:How are the captains picked?0 -
Todd, thanks for all the input! This is exactly why I threw this out there. I'm more of a logistics guy than an idea guy. Keep the thoughts coming!LLA - Lancero Lovers of America0
-
I'm really more of a beer / rum guy..............................SleevePlz:Todd, thanks for all the input! This is exactly why I threw this out there. I'm more of a logistics guy than an idea guy. Keep the thoughts coming!0 -
Tony, I was gonna toss this out via PM, but I wanted to theme this gang war and the theme is music. Example, I'm Team Led Zeppelin. With my bomb of sticks, I say why my team is far more superior than your Pink Floyd (or other band name) group. You can have four teams and the top four bands are the teams. I dunno, now that I type this out, it's a little hair brained but could be cool. You could even do metal, then rock, r&b, rap, etc.0
-
Team Metallica has to be one..... m/(-.(-.(-.-).-).-)0
-
Team biggie!! East coast baby!!Money can't buy taste0
-
I'm a beer and hosiery kinda guybandyt09:
I'm really more of a beer / rum guy..............................SleevePlz:Todd, thanks for all the input! This is exactly why I threw this out there. I'm more of a logistics guy than an idea guy. Keep the thoughts coming!"It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR0 -
Ill join the wicked west! There's enough of us in CA to destroy this entire board!onestrangeone:I agree with Curt, as long as I get to blow someone up I'm good with it!0












