5 Vegas Relic Perfecto....Has anyone tried them..?

jd50ae
jd50ae Posts: 7,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
This is the smoke that caused me to ask about "dry boxing" and I would love some opinions.

Comments

  • jgibv
    jgibv Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    jd50ae:
    This is the smoke that caused me to ask about "dry boxing" and I would love some opinions.
    Love 'em, and can score them for a great price.
    They burn a little fast for the size though, IMO.

    I've gone through about 10 of them.....I don't remember ever dry boxing them & I don't recall any burn issues either.....

    * I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    I had them. Haven't had one in a long time. Got mine years ago before I bought my house. Not sure I have any left. I remember that first one didn't impress me but I think after that with some age they were better.
  • gripnrip
    gripnrip Posts: 502 ✭✭✭
    I like them. Good construction, nice spice notes and a great value for the price point.
  • Marker
    Marker Posts: 2,524 ✭
    The couple I had tasted like old shoes and moldy newspaper. That was a few years ago so maybe the newer stock is better.
  • Bigshizza
    Bigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Meh.... I prefer the Skull crusher over the Relic if I had a choice.
  • Amos_Umwhat
    Amos_Umwhat Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like them a lot, and yes, dry-boxing is a good idea with them. They'll burn a lot better. Given a couple years in the humidor, no dry-box needed.
    "If you do not read the newspapers you're uninformed.  If you do read the newspapers, you're misinformed." --  Mark Twain
  • Marker
    Marker Posts: 2,524 ✭
    Bigshizza:
    Meh.... I prefer the Skull crusher over the Relic if I had a choice.
    Never had a skull crusher but if it is anything similar to the relic I may not need one.
  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Marker:
    The couple I had tasted like old shoes and moldy newspaper. That was a few years ago so maybe the newer stock is better.
    i never thought they were anything special. i remember them being tannic and in need of some serious age. ill see if i can dig out the ones that i put down a few months after they came out and give em a try.
  • ddubridge
    ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Bigshizza:
    Meh.... I prefer the Skull crusher over the Relic if I had a choice.
    As far as perfecto?
  • Bigshizza
    Bigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    Bigshizza:
    Meh.... I prefer the Skull crusher over the Relic if I had a choice.
    As far as perfecto?
    Of the couple I've had yeah
  • cbuck
    cbuck Posts: 9,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love them, and they can be had on Sprint Sale for $62 for a box of 24! Dry boxing is a good idea.