It's Official

ddubridge
ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
I just asked my girlfriend of 6 years ("the wife") to really be my wife. She said yes. On top of the world right now; smokin a victory cigar.

Pics to follow...

Comments

  • danielzreyes
    danielzreyes Posts: 8,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get lit son!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
    "It's plume, bro. Nothing to worry about. Got any Opus?" The suppose to be DZR
  • jgibv
    jgibv Posts: 9,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    danielzreyes:
    Get lit son!!!!!!!!! Congrats!
    +1. Congrats to you and (soon to be) mrs ddubridge.

    * I have a new address as of 3/24/18 *

  • clearlysuspect
    clearlysuspect Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭
    That's fantastic! You gotta give details on how it went down.
  • clearlysuspect
    clearlysuspect Posts: 2,122 ✭✭✭✭
    And funny you phrase it like that. Last mothers day I asked my girlfriend "the wife" of 6 years to actually be my wife too. Personally, we think it's better that way. We were together, had one child, and buying a house before we started thinking marriage.
  • Martel
    Martel Posts: 3,306 ✭✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I just asked my girlfriend of 6 years ("the wife") to really be my wife. She said yes. On top of the world right now; smokin a victory cigar.

    Pics to follow...

    Excellent. Now try to talk her into eloping to Vegas. It'll save you a lot of money and stress.
    Intelligence is knowing that a tomato is a fruit; wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.

    I like Oliva and Quesada (including Regius) a lot.  I will smoke anything, though.
  • Rail_Jockey
    Rail_Jockey Posts: 805 ✭✭✭
    Martel:
    ddubridge:
    I just asked my girlfriend of 6 years ("the wife") to really be my wife. She said yes. On top of the world right now; smokin a victory cigar.

    Pics to follow...

    Excellent. Now try to talk her into eloping to Vegas. It'll save you a lot of money and stress.
    thats what i did.....it was great.
  • bbass2
    bbass2 Posts: 1,059 ✭✭
    Congrats!
  • ehehat
    ehehat Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭
    Awesome Drew. Congratulations and may you and your new soon-to-be bride have many decades of happiness.
  • ddubridge
    ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Not sure what she's got going on with her fingers here, but heres the ring.
    image
    I bought her an iPad for her birthday (3/17) "let her" open it early and set the lock screen to a pic of "will you marry me." I'm not really sure she said yes. The only words she could say were "are you kidding me!" Just to see the pure joy on her face was awesome. Shes been waiting for this for a while.
  • Bigshizza
    Bigshizza Posts: 15,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's great news Drew! Very happy for both of you..
  • SleevePlz
    SleevePlz Posts: 6,249 ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations Drew! Very clever way to propose. Let us know when you set the date.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • reggie713
    reggie713 Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭
    awesome! congrats
  • WhoDeyGal
    WhoDeyGal Posts: 727 ✭✭
    Awe, congratulations!!
  • rzaman
    rzaman Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭
    Congrats Drew!
  • kaspera79
    kaspera79 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭
    Well that's some good news. Congratulations Drew.
  • Tyland64
    Tyland64 Posts: 712 ✭
    That is so cool, she is getting a good cigar lovin man. Congrats !!
  • Ken_Light
    Ken_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Sorry bro CONGRATS!!!!
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • christian1971
    christian1971 Posts: 467 ✭✭✭
    Does that mean no more cigars for you. :-)
  • Glock1975
    Glock1975 Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats Bro, very exciting. Best is yet to come.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 3,917 ✭
    Congratulations.
  • C-LOVE
    C-LOVE Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭
    congrats Drew! Nice ring!
  • stad
    stad Posts: 396 ✭✭
    Congratulations! Nice move with the IPad-
  • thedjfish@comcast.net
    thedjfish@comcast.net Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭
    ddubridge:
    I just asked my girlfriend of 6 years ("the wife") to really be my wife. She said yes. On top of the world right now; smokin a victory cigar.

    Pics to follow...
    thats great drew. Congrats!
  • ScottTDawg
    ScottTDawg Posts: 206 ✭✭
    Congratulations! Cool way to propose, catch 'em off guard.
  • insomnniapb
    insomnniapb Posts: 590 ✭
    Congrats man way to be creative! They like that you know =p
  • bearb
    bearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    that was creative...great way to make it memorable! Congrats.
  • ddubridge
    ddubridge Posts: 3,978 ✭✭✭
    Thank you all for the congratulations. There will be lots of cigar buying for about a week or two. I think I have free reign. After that I better reel myself back in before it gets out of hand.
  • brianetz1
    brianetz1 Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭
    congrats man......sounds like you found a good one.
  • Gray4lines
    Gray4lines Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations! Enjoy your wedding cigars!! And honeymoon cigars! I know I did.... :)

    I've will be married for 1 year in may, happiest year of my life. Congrats again, dude.
    LLA - Lancero Lovers of America
  • twistedstem
    twistedstem Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    congratulations brother.wishin you two nothing but health and happiness.will be celebrating our 22nd anniversary in may.and still seems like just yesterday.hope you have a trouble free wedding and a lovely honeymoon.
    no matter where you go, there you are.