Recommendations ?
woodyman
Posts: 39
I'm a huge fan of AJ Fernandez's blends, and I'm curious as to what other blends either by him or others you guys would recommend. I've really enjoyed La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte, and I'd put it among one of my favorite blends. I've also had MOW original, Virtue, Ruination, and I have a stick of Ave Maria, and Morro Castle sitting in my Humi currently.. I've had a variety of other blends and brands, but for me AJ has been the go to manufacture.
Any recommendations on some sticks to purchase would be appreciated, I'm trying to enhance my cigar smoking, and gain a deeper knowledge and appreciate behind it, so where better to turn than you guys!
0
Comments
-
Diesel Unholy Cocktail, MOW Puro Authentico, 5 Vegas AAA are some of my favorites that weren't already mentioned. For something a little different you also could pick up the AJ corona sampler.0
-
AJ is the man, you have very good taste. 5-Vegas AAA is a really good smoke, ages well. You really should try an Armada though.
Don Pepin Garcia makes a pretty good stick too, may want to check those out. Hooked on the DPG Blue and My Father. I'm still a noob but they seem to have the same flavor profile that I like.
Then there's Fuente, Padilla................. So many cigars, so little time and money.0 -
PM me your address, I'll send a couple more to try your way.^Troll: DO NOT FEED.0
-
Diesel Unlimited, San Lotano (Oval, Maduro, Habano and Connecticut)0
-
+1 San Lotanoxmacro:Diesel Unlimited, San Lotano (Oval, Maduro, Habano and Connecticut)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Fernandez_Cigars0 -
Smoked my Morro Castle last night, and I loved it, so smooth and creamy... I've got a 5 Vegas on hand, been saving it for that special day because I've heard a lot of great things about that one.. and the Puro Authentico is on my list of ones to try for sure!!
I'lll add the Armada to my list to try as well! Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to check out the Pepin as well, I've considered them in the past, just never pulled the trigger! and I know exactly what you mean!!bbass2:Diesel Unholy Cocktail, MOW Puro Authentico, 5 Vegas AAA are some of my favorites that weren't already mentioned. For something a little different you also could pick up the AJ corona sampler.
I've had the Unlimited, not a bad smoke, but personally not one of my favorites.. It might be better with some ageing on it, I smoked mine about 2 weeks after getting it.. For me it was just a bit strong/harsh tasting... I'll give them another try though... Also been meaning to try the San Lotano, they all seem like great sticks, if only I could buy them all now!The3Stogies:AJ is the man, you have very good taste. 5-Vegas AAA is a really good smoke, ages well. You really should try an Armada though.
Don Pepin Garcia makes a pretty good stick too, may want to check those out. Hooked on the DPG Blue and My Father. I'm still a noob but they seem to have the same flavor profile that I like.
Then there's Fuente, Padilla................. So many cigars, so little time and money.
Much appreciated man, but by no means did I expect anyone to offer this! Don't want you to feel like you need to send me anything, but I'll PM you! Thanksxmacro:Diesel Unlimited, San Lotano (Oval, Maduro, Habano and Connecticut)Ken Light:PM me your address, I'll send a couple more to try your way.0 -
Yeah, Diesel Unlimited can be harsh ROTT; give them a few months of rest and they become really nice and smooth0
-
I'll pick up a few more and let them sit a bit longer, thanks for the heads up!xmacro:Yeah, Diesel Unlimited can be harsh ROTT; give them a few months of rest and they become really nice and smooth0
-
I really like the Est 18440
-
I recomend with out any reservations or hesitations the "GRAN HABANO" VINTAGE 2002 ROBUSTO OR CHURCHILL size they are with out a doubt one of the most flavorful smokes I have, I buy a box per month of each sizes, again they are great. I also added the GRAN HABANO 3 SIGLOS and my other favorites GURKHA HOYO OLIVA Bold/Robust/Spicy/Cedar in the head and all the way through
0 -
pm sent to the woodyman0
-
If you like AJ Fernandez you may also like Don Pepin Garcia. spicy like a lot of AJ's stuff but i different blending style over all.0
-
I got a bom-, er, box all ready, woody, just need that address...PM bro^Troll: DO NOT FEED.0
-
Thanks everyone for the replies, got some good sticks added to my list of things to try! and special thanks to Ken Light & The3Stogies0
-
Thanks for the pictures man! I've been curious to checkout the Gran Habano vintage, just haven't placed my order... yet....
0 -
Heads up woodyman, incoming.0
-
I did notice that they start out spicy then kinda mellow out after 15 minutes or so, especially the Blue Original. Then it seems to get a little spicy at the end again.kuzi16:If you like AJ Fernandez you may also like Don Pepin Garcia. spicy like a lot of AJ's stuff but i different blending style over all.0 -
+2 San Lotano!!!!The Kid:
+1 San Lotanoxmacro:Diesel Unlimited, San Lotano (Oval, Maduro, Habano and Connecticut)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A._J._Fernandez_Cigars0 -
I am the same way. I smoke almost exclusively AJ's stuff but lately I have been really impressed with Pinar Del Rio as a change of pace. The Pinar Del Rio Reserva Limitada is an outstanding cigar and so are both Sol Cubano lines. If you want to try a different blender Abe Flores is really making some good stuff that is up there with AJ IMHO.0
-
I've become a huge fan of the Diesel Coronas. Couldn't tell ya how they are with rest, I doubt they'll sit around long enough in my humi to get any sort of age on 'em. I've always kinda liked the Diesel UCs 'fresh', anyway, and not so much after extended downtime.0
-
Yes I have been the same, about 80-85% of my smokes are all from AJ, but I got some great cigars to try out of the thread, so thanks to everyone who chipped in, defiantly looking forward to buying more cigars, and trying out the different blends! Anyone have thoughts on the Signature Collection here at CCOM? http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=192Tuna Tar Tar:I am the same way. I smoke almost exclusively AJ's stuff but lately I have been really impressed with Pinar Del Rio as a change of pace. The Pinar Del Rio Reserva Limitada is an outstanding cigar and so are both Sol Cubano lines. If you want to try a different blender Abe Flores is really making some good stuff that is up there with AJ IMHO.0
-
Yes most of his stuff I've only tried fresh, but I did set aside a few sticks of the La Herencia Cubana Oscuro Fuerte when I got a few a while back, and after around 6 months they are a completely new stick I feel, just so much better than before! Fight the pain for a little and let a few sit, I'd like to know what you think about it!jswaykos:I've become a huge fan of the Diesel Coronas. Couldn't tell ya how they are with rest, I doubt they'll sit around long enough in my humi to get any sort of age on 'em. I've always kinda liked the Diesel UCs 'fresh', anyway, and not so much after extended downtime.0
-
Want to first say what a great welcome it was to get bombed, from both Ken Light, and The3Stogies.. Great privilege, and I couldn't have asked for a better set sticks to receive from the both of you!! Thanks a ton guys, defiantly looking forward to trying out all of this AJ goodness!! Along with some other blenders as well! Did I say Thanks? lol

Bomb from Ken:
http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p534/DroidConcepts/Ken/?albumview=slideshow
Bomb from The3Stogies:
http://s1154.photobucket.com/albums/p534/DroidConcepts/The3Stogies/?albumview=slideshow0 -
My pleasure to bomb you sir, enjoy and evaluate.0
-
Glad it all got there alright! Let me know what you think!^Troll: DO NOT FEED.0








