Cigar events do you get good deals?

I was looking at making a box purchase of Kristoff Maduro cigars. I found ut that they will be having an event couple hours away where my sister lives. I could have her pick them up. My question is do you get pretty good deals at these events? Is it enough to go through the hastle?

Comments

  • lonewolf2011
    lonewolf2011 Posts: 503 ✭
    It depends on the event. Most of the ones I have been to do not discount the cigars unless you buy a full box with a max discount of 10-20%. Usually it is a buy X and get X free type of deal. Examples: buy 5 get 2 free, buy 10 get 4 free, buy a box get 10 free. Best bet is to call the hosting store and ask what they will be doing.
  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    If you are going to buy the box, and an event is coming up soon, wait and get it at the event. Most everyone at least throws some free sticks, or a good discount or whatever at you during an event.