Fuente Fire

jsnake
jsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
«1

Comments

  • 415
    415 Posts: 951 ✭
    image so sad
  • The_Kid
    The_Kid Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭
    I got this empty hollow feeling,, very sad
  • granneja
    granneja Posts: 382
    Wow, sad to hear about that and the loss of the special aged tobacco. Prices will be going even higher now.
  • jlmarta
    jlmarta Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bummer!
  • t_evan50
    t_evan50 Posts: 1,725 ✭
    Yep this sucks.
  • zeebra
    zeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    How do fires start in a place where leaves are just sitting around?? Too much heat and the leaves catch on fire?? Very curious..

    Really sux though, I think I have enough fuente products to last me my life time...lol
  • granneja
    granneja Posts: 382
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
  • jsnake
    jsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not good news. I haven't fully embraced everything Fuente and I only have a few. Probably won'y be getting any in the future. Sad to here about this loss for them. Tobaccos that old can't be replaced.
  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    Terrible news :(

    That said, a disaster some years ago that caused the loss of Opus X wrapper crop was the reason the Anejo was blended and created... so maybe some good will come out of this. I just hope none of this tobacco had anything to do with either Casa Cuba or Solaris...
  • ShotgunJohn
    ShotgunJohn Posts: 1,545 ✭✭
    Wow this is horrible news, but they will continue.
  • Rhamlin
    Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've not tried any yet, hope this doesn't cause the prices to skyrocket or it may be a while before I do get to.
  • Lasabar
    Lasabar Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭
    I always knew those cigars were HOT!
  • Lasabar
    Lasabar Posts: 4,464 ✭✭✭
    "Local Firefighters said it smelled DELICIOUS and they were relaxed after putting the fire out!"

    They also then went online and asked whether or not to keep the Cello on or off....
  • JudoChinX
    JudoChinX Posts: 775 ✭
    Ick. So this is going to make already tough to find cigars even tougher?
  • BigT06
    BigT06 Posts: 3,899 ✭
    granneja:
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
    that's what popped in my mind too, I've seen it happen with hay.
  • JudoChinX
    JudoChinX Posts: 775 ✭
    BigT06:
    granneja:
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
    that's what popped in my mind too, I've seen it happen with hay.
    I'd never heard of this. For those interested, check out this article.
  • Ken_Light
    Ken_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Looks like God finally decided to smoke the good stuff...
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.
  • KCW
    KCW Posts: 1,334 ✭✭✭
    :(
    That sucks! My favorite Manufacturer.
  • Hawk55
    Hawk55 Posts: 846 ✭
    Lassie...Lassie....
  • Hawk55
    Hawk55 Posts: 846 ✭
    and more expensive....
  • cooch36
    cooch36 Posts: 714 ✭✭
    the fact that they lost 60's product blows my mind I want to smoke some stuff with that kind of age.
  • Flash318
    Flash318 Posts: 49
    JudoChinX:
    BigT06:
    granneja:
    It is the heat and moisture. It happens on farms that put up wet straw or hay in a barn. I would imagine it would be the same concept.
    that's what popped in my mind too, I've seen it happen with hay.
    I'd never heard of this. For those interested, check out this article.
    spontaneicous combustion=SCARY!
    very sad
  • Rhamlin
    Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just reading idiots guide to cigars and he talked about this very thing. Seems this is a hazard of the fermenting and aging stage that can set the makers back years. ?
  • granneja
    granneja Posts: 382
    I wonder if they had insurance on that and if so how much. Just a side thought with 40 to x50 yr old stock.
  • granneja:
    I wonder if they had insurance on that and if so how much. Just a side thought with 40 to x50 yr old stock.
    im sure they did there is insurance for everything now days
  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    Makes me sad.
  • Rhamlin
    Rhamlin Posts: 9,142 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was just at a local BM and I was shocked that They didn't know anything about it.
  • ENFIDL
    ENFIDL Posts: 5,836 ✭
    This really sucks. That's terrible news for the Fuente family and their employees.
  • granneja
    granneja Posts: 382
    Doesn't shock me. I have been to several B&Ms that don't have employees that have passion for their profession. Its a bit disappointing. However there are a few that really have some knowledgable people and those are the B&Ms I like going back to. I would say that there is nothing that compares to this forum and ccom though.
  • Rob1110
    Rob1110 Posts: 1,576 ✭✭✭
    Hate to be the jerk here but that must have been the best smelling camp fire around. I mean, come on. Don't tell me you guys weren't thinking that must have smelled AMAZING!

    OK, here's the real b-hole in me. Ya think it's karma for all the overpricing they do and money of ours that they burn?

    In all seriousness, this is terrible, but the Fuente family has seen so much hardship and has overcome everything that has been thrown at them thus far. They will prevail as they always have. I wish them the best.