Cigar.com One Day Deal

Did you guys see the deal for this week? I am very very very tempted in purchasing it. However, I don;t have nymore room and am trying not to spend so much each month. I want to try the '68 and am willing to give the Obsidian another try.

Comments

  • Tumbler
    Tumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    I was also wondering the same thing. I have only had the Obsidian - heard some good things about the Miami. Would anyone care to elaborate - perhaps compare/contrast?
  • j0z3r
    j0z3r Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭
    Tumbler:
    Would anyone care to elaborate - perhaps compare/contrast?
    You've had the Obsidian, so I'll skip that one. The Habano is a medium bodied cigar with a good flavor profile...honestly, I can't recall much more than that, suffice to say I thought it was pretty good. The '68 is more medium-full with some cedar and spice, more towards full than medium. The Miami is another medium-full tending towards full, has a classic Nicaraguan taste, peppery, leathery and oh so tasty. The Achilles...well, I don't remember too well, I recall it being medium-full, but more towards medium with a good, if somewhat not complex flavor profile.

    For $3 a stick, this is an excellent deal if you like Padilla cigars, or even if you think you might like them, they all retail for a higher price, some of them double. I'd recommend the sampler myself.
  • Tumbler
    Tumbler Posts: 338 ✭✭
    Thank you - I was really wanting to try the Miami - I will give it a go...
  • cheyman
    cheyman Posts: 157
    I ordered this (and about 15 others)...UPS tracking says its at the local DC...I just hate thinking all those wonderful tastee treats are only 10 miles away, in box on shelf waiting for a Tuesday delivery!!! I bet they're so lonely.
  • urbino
    urbino Posts: 4,517 ✭
    Heh.
  • cheyman
    cheyman Posts: 157
    I received this today...the humidification pillows were frozen solid!
  • madurofan
    madurofan Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭
    cheyman:
    I received this today...the humidification pillows were frozen solid!
    thats funny!
  • kaspera79
    kaspera79 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    cheyman:
    I received this today...the humidification pillows were frozen solid!
    thats funny!
    No need to worry about cigar beetles now. Maybe you guys better wrap those stoogies in fur pajamas
  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    kaspera79:
    madurofan:
    cheyman:
    I received this today...the humidification pillows were frozen solid!
    thats funny!
    No need to worry about cigar beetles now. Maybe you guys better wrap those stoogies in fur pajamas
    better let those guys rest for a while. that much of a temp change over a few short days and there may be some RH issues.
  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    LOOK!

    http://www.cigar.com/cigars/viewcigar.asp?brand=624 You don't want to miss this!
  • madurofan
    madurofan Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭
    Jumped on that like a fat kid on a cupcake. Ordered the $15 Boutique sampler to go along with a few of the 3 for $5's as well.
  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    I just ordered the 3 of the $5s. I got myself that boutique sampler somewhere else about a month ago. Same deal however that $15 for it is cheaper than I paid. I think I got 2 5 packs for $35. It's a great deal but I have multiple of each stick except the Bahia Blue and the La Herencia Cubana.
  • madurofan
    madurofan Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭
    That La Herencia was pretty damn tasty.
  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    I haven't had it yet. Soon, though. Very soon.
  • j0z3r
    j0z3r Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    That La Herencia was pretty damn tasty.
    What size did you have? I really liked the La Herencia as well when I first had one, and it has continued to impress. I've had the lonsdale and toro.
  • madurofan
    madurofan Posts: 6,218 ✭✭✭
    I had the Lonsdale. Excellent stick. Its the only one I've had but I loved it.
  • rwheelwright
    rwheelwright Posts: 3,294 ✭✭
    I have a Toro resting about a month. I'll try and knock it out this weekend. So many to try. Seriously, I have so much new *** that I haven't tried yet. Gurkha 101 Signature, Monti Media Noche, Gurkha Sherpa, Gurkha Gold, La Herencia, Ashton regular, 5 Vegas Series A, DPG JJ, and more I can't think of. ***, I better get smoking!
  • urbino
    urbino Posts: 4,517 ✭
    madurofan:
    I had the Lonsdale. Excellent stick. Its the only one I've had but I loved it.
    Which Fuente is that La Herencia supposed to be almost identical to? I read it the other day, but have forgotten.
  • dutyje
    dutyje Posts: 2,263 ✭
    The first La Herencia I tried was a Lonsdale, and I found it very disappointing. I didn't care for it at all. I had another Lonsdale more recently and it was fantastic. I've had 2 or 3 of the La Herencia Robustos, and they all were excellent. I had one Toro, and it developed a horrible plug, and couldn't be saved. I couldn't comment on its flavor. I had one Torpedo, and the flavor was very good, but I liked the Robusto better. I'm still sitting on a Toro and a Lonsdale. The rest have been shared with friends, and a couple through passes here. Burnt through that 20-cigar sampler pretty darn fast.

    I wish I had another Torpedo on hand, because I smoked that one at a party and couldn't give it my full attention. I've had enough of the Robustos to know that I'll definitely order more. They're perfect for tailgating or sharing with friends. The next Lonsdale I sample will actually help me decide whether I want to do the same with it. Jury is still out on the other two sizes. It'd have to be outrageously amazing to buy in quantity, because I normally share smaller sticks with company. I hate seeing half-smoked cigars laying around.
  • j0z3r
    j0z3r Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭
    madurofan:
    I had the Lonsdale. Excellent stick. Its the only one I've had but I loved it.
    The lonsdale is very good, I'd also recommend the toro. It had a different flavor, less strength but with a more rounded, sweeter finish.
  • I just jumped on today's deal.  Picked up the boutique too.  Haven't had most of those in the boutique.  Only one I have had is the graycliff.
  • PuroFreak
    PuroFreak Posts: 4,124 ✭✭
    I'm not a fan of the Acid line, or pretty much any infused cigars... I want to taste and enjoy the natural flavors of the tobacco. If I wanted flavored smokes I'd light up a menthol! lol
  • cheyman
    cheyman Posts: 157
    I've never been a fan of anything CAO has put out...it's like Google or Apple...I think I just hate the branding.