Original release double banded Mow Ruination
NightHawk
Posts: 247 ✭
Just smoked one i had laying around in the humi for a while, and man what a smoke! The original super peppery smoke has mellowed out and aged a considerable amount. Just wanted to share with you guys, if you have any laying around light them up!
0
Comments
-
I wish I had some "laying around". Lol. I have about 10 or so of the current banded ones, but they never age more than a few months. Id love to try an original with some age on it. I bet its even more complex. But I do have to say... I love the zest of the fresh ones!0
-
got one left from almost 2 years ago, it was in my first order from ccom. I will definitely be trying it at the next opportunity0
-
nice!ltherron:got one left from almost 2 years ago, it was in my first order from ccom. I will definitely be trying it at the next opportunity0 -
I just got 10 of them a few weeks ago.
"Any cigar smoker is friend, because I know how he feels." Alfred de Musset
"A fine cigar is just like a woman. If you don't light it up just right and suck on it with a certain frequency, it will go out on you." Unknown
“A pipe is to the troubled soul what caresses of a mother are for her suffering child.” Indian Proverb0 -
the way i solved this "issue" is by buying an aging humidor. i have a rule that i cant take anything out of there until at least one year has passed. now i have the discipline to let some of them sit so i have several cigars with more then 5 years on em. the other half of this is buying in bulk. never buy just one cigar. always buy enough to throw one or two in the aging humidor.BigT06:I wish I had some "laying around". Lol. I have about 10 or so of the current banded ones, but they never age more than a few months. Id love to try an original with some age on it. I bet its even more complex. But I do have to say... I love the zest of the fresh ones!
it also doesnt hurt to buy faster than you smoke.0 -
I wish I would have known ahead of time that deal was for the old two banded ones, I'd have been all over it. I still have two left sitting on the bottom of my aging humi, nicely covered in the newer one banded ones.dbeckom:I just got 10 of them a few weeks ago.0 -
. Those are def good rules to live by... I TRY to do that... but my aging huni is only a 50 count, so I always find excuses to not put sticks I smoke on a reg basis in there... I guess I don't have the discipline quite down yet. I do, however, have the buying faster than I smoke thing MASTERED... lol. That's why I'm currently collecting boxes to make a coolidor. Maybe when I have a couple thousand sticks to pick from, I will have the discipline to let some of my regular favorites age. Sounds like a good excuse to stock up! Lolkuzi16:
the way i solved this "issue" is by buying an aging humidor. i have a rule that i cant take anything out of there until at least one year has passed. now i have the discipline to let some of them sit so i have several cigars with more then 5 years on em. the other half of this is buying in bulk. never buy just one cigar. always buy enough to throw one or two in the aging humidor.BigT06:I wish I had some "laying around". Lol. I have about 10 or so of the current banded ones, but they never age more than a few months. Id love to try an original with some age on it. I bet its even more complex. But I do have to say... I love the zest of the fresh ones!
it also doesnt hurt to buy faster than you smoke.0 -
i still have a few that Alex sent me few years ago. Might fire one up in a few years
"Long ashes my friends."
0 -
I have 4 of the double banded ones, all with two years on them...
Just waiting0 -
I dont find them many places except for the boutique #3 sampler on the devil...haven't had one of the old ones yet, they have about 1-4 months depending on the cigar rest on them...and they will keep sitting for quite a while
0 -
I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.0
-
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.0 -
I disagree laker. I have been a big fan of the MOW series and I think the double banded ones are different, at least to my tastes they are.laker1963:
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.0 -
Drooling! lolLasabar:I have 4 of the double banded ones, all with two years on them...
Just waiting
I have had one of these, thanks Marty, and it was amazing!0 -
its probably just the age.fla-gypsy:
I disagree laker. I have been a big fan of the MOW series and I think the double banded ones are different, at least to my tastes they are.laker1963:
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.
there may be a difference in the growing season.0 -
kuzi16:
its probably just the age.fla-gypsy:laker1963:
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.
I disagree laker. I have been a big fan of the MOW series and I think the double banded ones are different, at least to my tastes they are.
there may be a difference in the growing season.
Agreed. I don't think anything has changed as far as the content of the tobacco. Age does make a difference and the age/year of the tobacco crop can make a small difference too.0 -
I liked the old bands more than the newer ones. I have kept several just for the memories...0
-
J.S.:
Agreed. I don't think anything has changed as far as the content of the tobacco. Age does make a difference and the age/year of the tobacco crop can make a small difference too.kuzi16:
its probably just the age.fla-gypsy:
I disagree laker. I have been a big fan of the MOW series and I think the double banded ones are different, at least to my tastes they are.laker1963:
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.
there may be a difference in the growing season.
Same blend just a new band was what I had heard from a rep...but age makes a difference as we all know0 -
I too have smoked LOTS of these, maybe more then any other single stick I've smoked and besides the new bands' design there is no discernable difference between them. Age always plays some part in a cigar's flavor as we all know, but the Ruinations have a range of flavors that can change from stick to stick. These flavors may or may not present themselves in each stick, but each stick will show some of these flavors. I do enjoy EVERY Ruination I smoke, but they are NOT always the same as the last one I smoked. If you have some of both versions try smoking them one after the other (not right away mind you) and see for yourself. They may not be exactly the same, and you may even like the double banded one better (considering your thoughts on the subject) but I think you will find them VERY similar.fla-gypsy:
I disagree laker. I have been a big fan of the MOW series and I think the double banded ones are different, at least to my tastes they are.laker1963:
Did I miss something here? I have smoked lots of both and don't think there is a lot of difference except the bands.J.S.:I have two left. But I am waiting a little longer. They have a almost 2 yrs on them.
Can you tell me what the differences are between them? I have found NOTHING which would show any differences between them.0











