MOW tab

I've acquired some MOW now. How does one go about getting his MOW tab?

Comments

  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    u mean MoW badge? you smoke them all in one day.....i smoked all 4 when they came out and got a special forces badge. there is a thread floating around with all the badges on it somewhere here...
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    You know, someone should design a MoW badge shirt. Hmmmm.
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    my friend is a graphic designer........great idea alien..im on it! long as I dont get sued for copy right infringment lol
  • lilwing88
    lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Well, the badge needs to be upgraded since there's now about 10 different MOWs to smoke...... I think we need to call it the "MOW Kamikaze Day of Reckoning Medal of Honor" if you can smoke the original MOW, the Runination, the Virtue, Special Edition Figurado, Double Happiness (either blend), the LE Maduro, the Armada and now the Puro Authentico....... in one day.

    Who will accept this challenge?
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • zeebra
    zeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    lilwing88:
    Well, the badge needs to be upgraded since there's now about 10 different MOWs to smoke...... I think we need to call it the "MOW Kamikaze Day of Reckoning Medal of Honor" if you can smoke the original MOW, the Runination, the Virtue, Special Edition Figurado, Double Happiness (either blend), the LE Maduro, the Armada and now the Puro Authentico....... in one day.

    Who will accept this challenge?
    Even though the most ever I've smoked is 3 cigars in one day, which was at the Texas Cigar festival, I would never smoke that many cigars in one day mentioned above. Thats just dumb IMO. You wont even taste the smokes after smoking so much back to back to back, etc...Really just a waste of money and smokes too. But good luck to whoever tries
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    you do it lilwing and ill join ya....i already mentioned this a few weeks back and no one jumped on it lol
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    my friend is a graphic designer........great idea alien..im on it! long as I dont get sued for copy right infringment lol
    There are two ways to do that. You can either not use any direct logos or names in the design. You could do a really similar helmet, with MOW (not Man O War) above it, and that'd be legal, although a little immoral.

    The best way, would be to get AJ/Ccom's blessing. I'd imagine Alex and AJ both would dig the idea of the guys on the forums wanting to wear some MoW merch showing their brand loyalty. To further the push on it, you could set the shirt up on Zazzle, Cafepress, or one of those type sites and have all the profit (you can set your margin as high or low as you want, but keeping the cost of the shirt reasonable you're only looking at $1-3 a shirt) go to a fund to buy cigars for soldiers downrange, or maybe one of the worthy causes in Nicaragua, Honduras, etc. As long as no one is profiting off of the copywritten designs, I doubt there will be an issue.
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    And on a side note - does your buddy do alot of vector-based art? I have really been meaning to get into vector but I have no idea where to begin.
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    Pm to ya bro....im seriously rolling with this idea here.
  • cabinetmaker
    cabinetmaker Posts: 2,557 ✭✭
    I could do that in a day, easy. Most days I do it anyways, just different brands.
  • JCizzle
    JCizzle Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    PM to you.
    Light 'em up.
  • ajacobs
    ajacobs Posts: 29
    I am sure that since the Man o' War name is owned by another company (not cigar related) for the purposes of clothing Cigar International or its subsidiary cigar.com, will not becoming out with cloths or the like anytime soon.
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    ajacobs:
    I am sure that since the Man o' War name is owned by another company (not cigar related) for the purposes of clothing Cigar International or its subsidiary cigar.com, will not becoming out with cloths or the like anytime soon.
    Not true. Because the shirt would depict Man O War cigars, and not portraying itself as the Man O War clothing company, it would be fine. Absolute worst case scenario, they would have to just say MoW on it, versus the full Man O War.
  • The3Stogies
    The3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    Can't seem to locate the past thread on MoW ranks. I have smoked 3 Mow's in one day; Virtue, Original and Ruination. Is that a Special Forces Badge, or just basic training?
  • YankeeMan
    YankeeMan Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a Runation that was rolled by AJ at the 2010 Cigarfest. If I use that one as part of the Badge, do I get an Oak Leaf cluster?
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    When they first started the whole MoW badge, that was the qualification; a Virtue, a regular, and a Ruination in the same day. Not sure what ranks they gave to the different amounts of MoWs later though.
  • lilwing88
    lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Joeyjoe21_8:
    you do it lilwing and ill join ya....i already mentioned this a few weeks back and no one jumped on it lol


    I would do it if I ever had the time...... I'm lucky if I ever get 2 hours to myself. I would need at least 12-14 hrs to do this. Maybe when I'm retired in 20 yrs, I could try it. I'll start aging the sticks now.......

    Also, zeebra would think I'm "dumb"...... wouldn't want to risk that ;-)
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    After a little delay, here are the shirt mock-ups:

    image
    image

    image
    image

    image
    image

    Anyone interested in picking one of these up, all proceeds will be going to charity (most likely cigars for troops), and it would help alot if Joey could get an idea of which colors would be most popular. It's his show from here out, I just do the doodling.
  • The3Stogies
    The3Stogies Posts: 2,652 ✭✭✭✭
    How about a habano brown wrapper color Joey?
  • ENFIDL
    ENFIDL Posts: 5,836 ✭
    Tony you are the man brother! That's an awesome design!
  • bearb
    bearb Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭
    YankeeMan:
    I have a Runation that was rolled by AJ at the 2010 Cigarfest. If I use that one as part of the Badge, do I get an Oak Leaf cluster?
    /////Let me know what you find out! At CF, Alex started the fun by rolling one for me, which led to Josh rolling one, then AJ rolled me a few more for some of my friends. Took some photos and even a video of AJ rolling....pretty amazing experience. Got AJ to sign the MOW he rolled for me...not going to smoke it....rather leave it on my top shelf to remind me what a great time I had. :)
  • Ken_Light
    Ken_Light Posts: 3,537 ✭✭✭
    Shirt looks great!! Color preference is White > Red > Black. I listen to metal...got way to many black t-shirts. :)
    ^Troll: DO NOT FEED.