$10 or more

I'm more a $5 to $8 cigar smoker. Just wondering if there is any smokes out there worth trying for $10 or maybe $20 a stick. I have my birthday coming up next week and was thinking about buying a nice cigar for it.

Comments

  • jsnake
    jsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything Viaje if you can find them
    Liga Privada No. 9 or T52 any size including Dirty Rat and Flying Pig
    Camacho Triple Maduro

    Those are some I always look for and they are in the $9 to $13 range usually.
  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    Anything Davidoff but Davidoff Maduro in particular.
    La Aurora Preferido emerald
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    MoW Armada
    LFD Mysterio
    My Father Le Bijou

    the list could go on for a while.
  • Goldy
    Goldy Posts: 1,636 ✭✭
    I really think opus is worth the money.
  • t_evan50
    t_evan50 Posts: 1,725 ✭
    jsnake:
    Anything Viaje if you can find them
    Liga Privada No. 9 or T52 any size including Dirty Rat and Flying Pig
    Camacho Triple Maduro

    Those are some I always look for and they are in the $9 to $13 range usually.
    +1
  • zeebra
    zeebra Posts: 3,174 ✭✭✭
    Liga Privadas
    Davidoffs
    Opus X
    Avo 787
    Tatuaje

    Make it a good one!
  • Vulchor
    Vulchor Posts: 4,848 ✭✭✭✭
    I would second Kuzi's list (havent tried the LFD however). Snakes list) is one most people would love but I have found the Camacho Triple Maduro to be over priced (the Turrent Triple Play is also a triple maduro, and cheaper, and tastier) and thought every Viaje Ive had so far was ok....but alot of new/boutique brand hype going on.
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    Alot of the $10+ smokes I do enjoy regularly I don't actually pay $10 a pop for, keep an eye on the daily deals or just shoot an email to Tim (or one of the sales reps) and they can get you some prices well below MSRP. That being said, out of the cigars that are still gonna cost you over/around $10 a pop, here are some I will pay over/around $10 a pop for without complaint:

    Ashton VSG
    Tatuaje Reserva J21, Cojonu 2003, Cojonu 2006, Anarchy, pretty much any Tatuaje
    Liga Privada T52
    Camacho Pre-Embargo (some mixed oipinions on this one around here, but I love it)
    Camaccho Corojo Ltd (you can normally get these for less than $10 a pop if you look for deals, but I don't get mad about paying $12 or so for one at the B&M)
  • alienmisprint
    alienmisprint Posts: 3,962 ✭✭✭
    Oh, and the MoW Puro Authentico. Probably the best $14 you could spend (cigar-related anyways) would be on two of those.
  • phobicsquirrel
    phobicsquirrel Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭
    Camacho Triple Maduro

    Ashton VSG

    Opus X (you might have known this)

    LFD Salomon (maduro too)

    LFD Double Ligero Chisel maduro (haven't had the natural)

    Padron 80th maduro (haven't had the natural)

    padron family reserve 46th maduro (haven't had the natural)

    --btw I have boxes or many boxes of the ones listed above. Well worth it.

    The MOW armada is a nice smoke but not worth 20 bucks IMO. The LFD mysterio is another nice smoke but not worth 17 bucks. I have boxes of both the maduro and natural. I did a review of them or one of them in my reviews if you want to see that. The list above is what I would think be worth above your price range, which is something I go for as well. Most sticks above that aren't worth it. Good luck.
  • YankeeMan
    YankeeMan Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    +1 on the Armada.
  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    Opus X (at MSRP. Don't pay the prices they go for online... ridiculous!), Fuente Anejo (same for these. They run 10-12$ at MSRP, not worth the 20$ they can go for online), Ashton VSG and ESG, anything Davidoff, any higher end Padron.
  • kaspera79
    kaspera79 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭
    zeebra:
    Liga Privadas
    Davidoffs
    Opus X
    Avo 787
    Tatuaje

    Make it a good one!
    This would be my list but adding Illusione cigars.. I really like those guys.
  • Ironmick63
    Ironmick63 Posts: 100
    Think I'm going to smoke a GOF on the 18th for my birthday happy 34th to me
  • Krieg
    Krieg Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭
    kuzi16:
    Anything Davidoff but Davidoff Maduro in particular.
    La Aurora Preferido emerald
    Camacho Triple Maduro
    MoW Armada
    LFD Mysterio
    My Father Le Bijou

    the list could go on for a while.
    +1 on the My Father

    "Long ashes my friends."

  • Russ55
    Russ55 Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭
    Cigars I don't mind paying 10 bucks or more for are:

    Avo limited editions
    Ashton VSG
    Davidoff Millennium
    Davidoff Puro d'Oro
    Zino Platinum Scepter
    I guess you could put My Fathers on there, but with patience I've always been able to find them much cheaper than 10 bucks. Same with the Camachos.

    That's all I can think of off the top of my head. There's a lot of good suggestions listed in the thread already.