Bomb etiquette
y2pascoe
Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭
I've been interested in getting in on one of these things for a little bit, and I gave Wayne my address today at his request and naturally reached out to the olive branch. While I have a decent variety in my humi, certainly not as much as some of you seasoned vets out there. So if I get a bomb passed my way I guess I'm just worried about short changing it. The most high end sticks I have right now are a pair of Graycliff Double Espressos, and I promised the lady I'd save those for when we get engaged.
So what's expected of me should I receive a bomb from you folks?
So what's expected of me should I receive a bomb from you folks?
0
Comments
-
Nothing is expected when you receive a bomb. Bombs are sent with no expectation from the bomber. Don't worry about what you have in the humi. Bomb if you want to bomb, bomb if you can, don't feel obligated to bomb ever. Never let what others have in their humi intimidate you, believe me, you have more in your humi than someone else does. Bomb for the fun of it, just like the rest of this hobby. Hope this helps.
By the way, what is your address?0 -
PM'd you.0
-
And replied.0
-
bandyt09:Nothing is expected when you receive a bomb. Bombs are sent with no expectation from the bomber. Don't worry about what you have in the humi. Bomb if you want to bomb, bomb if you can, don't feel obligated to bomb ever. Never let what others have in their humi intimidate you, believe me, you have more in your humi than someone else does. Bomb for the fun of it, just like the rest of this hobby. Hope this helps.
By the way, what is your address?
hahahaha Todd always looking to get someone.0 -
lcpleel:bandyt09:Nothing is expected when you receive a bomb. Bombs are sent with no expectation from the bomber. Don't worry about what you have in the humi. Bomb if you want to bomb, bomb if you can, don't feel obligated to bomb ever. Never let what others have in their humi intimidate you, believe me, you have more in your humi than someone else does. Bomb for the fun of it, just like the rest of this hobby. Hope this helps.
By the way, what is your address?
hahahaha Todd always looking to get someone.
When will they learn, LOL.0 -
hey bro, What size humi are you working with?y2pascoe:I've been interested in getting in on one of these things for a little bit, and I gave Wayne my address today at his request and naturally reached out to the olive branch. While I have a decent variety in my humi, certainly not as much as some of you seasoned vets out there. So if I get a bomb passed my way I guess I'm just worried about short changing it. The most high end sticks I have right now are a pair of Graycliff Double Espressos, and I promised the lady I'd save those for when we get engaged.
So what's expected of me should I receive a bomb from you folks?0 -
He's got a half full 150 count........For now, LOLAJGARLETT:
hey bro, What size humi are you working with?y2pascoe:I've been interested in getting in on one of these things for a little bit, and I gave Wayne my address today at his request and naturally reached out to the olive branch. While I have a decent variety in my humi, certainly not as much as some of you seasoned vets out there. So if I get a bomb passed my way I guess I'm just worried about short changing it. The most high end sticks I have right now are a pair of Graycliff Double Espressos, and I promised the lady I'd save those for when we get engaged.
So what's expected of me should I receive a bomb from you folks?0 -
So he has about 70 sticks? and a Graycliff DE is on the top of his list? thats a damn good collection.
Todd send me his info as well.0 -
A bomb's a bomb.... You can send a box of Padron 26ths or a 5 pack of Swishers.
Just remember: ya get what ya give.Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..0 -
Damn, Marty, did you have to go with the Swishers? I was hoping for the Black n Mild's, less chance of them being counterfeit........lilwing88:A bomb's a bomb.... You can send a box of Padron 26ths or a 5 pack of Swishers.
Just remember: ya get what ya give.0 -
Like I said, the Graycliff DEs are off limits (the GF would be pissed), but I do have a couple of Crystal LEs. Also recently bought a box of Kristoff maduro churchills so I can definitely spare some of those on a trading block.lcpleel:So he has about 70 sticks? and a Graycliff DE is on the top of his list? thats a damn good collection.
Todd send me his info as well.0 -
Does a bomb go around to multiple people, or is that a "pass". I thought the idea of sending a package of sticks to one guy, who adds a few, takes a few, and then sends it to the next guy really cool sounding.0
-
ohh ***, i got a couple bombs fixing to land, i mighta got in over my head,lol, 1 knows its coming and the other dont,loly2pascoe:Does a bomb go around to multiple people, or is that a "pass". I thought the idea of sending a package of sticks to one guy, who adds a few, takes a few, and then sends it to the next guy really cool sounding.0 -
A trade is just that. 2 guys swapping sticks, agreed upon in PMs and such.y2pascoe:Does a bomb go around to multiple people, or is that a "pass". I thought the idea of sending a package of sticks to one guy, who adds a few, takes a few, and then sends it to the next guy really cool sounding.
A Pass is moving one or more stick, swapping, stealing, exchanging, etc. Whatever the originator of the pass decides.
A bomb is what you are about to experience. ROTFLAMO.. It just means something you didn't see coming. Guys are like that here. For no good reasons other than they may like your avatar, Boom boom.
Its all in good fun, but remember, if you bomb someone, I'm just saying.
and don't forget the trivia games. Win a few of those and you can bomb somebody.0 -
beatnic:
A bomb is what you are about to experience. ROTFLAMO..
What's so funny? LOL. Oh, he don't even know. Forget the mailbox, the damn humi is going to explode.
0 -
.....
0 -
I think I'm starting to get it...and I'm giddy.0
-
You have the right of it here - this is a pass. Bombs are just free for all's, and can be for any reason - Ive had people see me mention a stick I wanted to try and POOF! Five of them show up in the mail a couple days later. No expectations, no specific reason.y2pascoe:Does a bomb go around to multiple people, or is that a "pass". I thought the idea of sending a package of sticks to one guy, who adds a few, takes a few, and then sends it to the next guy really cool sounding.
Dont sweat FOR A SECOND anything you may or may not put in a bomb. First, its a gift, pure & simple - and nobody around here is EVER going to say an unkind word about being gifted ANY cigar. Secondly, EVERYONE here has started out exactly as you have - one humidor of whatever size, with plenty of room left over in it (I've got a sneaking suspicion that will be taken care of for you soon, and may I direct you to the "How To Build A Coolidor" thread ahead of time?). Everybody here understands that right now you arent going to be throwing half a dozen Opus X's of God of Fires in ANYONE's box but your own, and rightfully so.
Nobody here is going to put the stink face on you for anything you ever decide to do, today tomorrow or ever. Its one of the things that makes this the best forum in the known universe. :-)
As far as passes, when one comes up that you are interested in... well, thats even simpler! In the original post, the BOTL who starts it will lay forth the rules (how many you are allowed to take when it gets to you, what kind of sticks are allowed, what the order is, etc). All you have to do is reference that first post when the pass gets to you and adhere to it. Voila! So simple even a caveman can do it.
The important thing about any of this stuff isnt HOW MUCH you get involved in them, its that you GET involved in them - as little or as much as YOU want.
One suggestion - if you havent already, work out a couple trades with established guys around here. If all goes well and Im sure it will, they will leave positive feedback for you on the "Good Traders and Stand-Up Folks" thread. Being on that list is usually a pre-requisite for a lot of passes and games. If you need someone to trade with, shoot me a pm & I would be happy to help.
0 -
This thread helps a lot! There a couple of guys here that I want to bomb because they've really helped me out quite a bit since I'm so new. My only problem is stock is low at the moment, but when I get some more sticks, I'm planning to take out some front porches!0
-
I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA0
-
dwayne3307:I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Don't worry, we're safe... . People from Louisiana can't spell!0 -
Ouch man, very ouch!!DSWarmack:dwayne3307:I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Don't worry, we're safe... People from Louisiana can't spell!0 -
I have his address, Dwayne. I've also got a sht load of crap sticks that would cause a sandstorm in his little desert. Alligator smooth till you light them.dwayne3307:
Ouch man, very ouch!!DSWarmack:dwayne3307:I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Don't worry, we're safe... People from Louisiana can't spell!
Talkin like that from an ocean away? Doha isn't that far by US mail, buckeroo.0 -
Thanks for backing me up beatnic, we might need to team up and show him how we handle people like him down here in the south!!beatnic:
I have his address, Dwayne. I've also got a sht load of crap sticks that would cause a sandstorm in his little desert. Alligator smooth till you light them.dwayne3307:
Ouch man, very ouch!!DSWarmack:dwayne3307:I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Don't worry, we're safe... People from Louisiana can't spell!
Talkin like that from an ocean away? Doha isn't that far by US mail, buckeroo.0 -
And people from (insert DSW's home state here) aren't really sure when they should or shouldn't utilize capital letters. It all evens out.DSWarmack:dwayne3307:I've been debating on bombing a couple of guys for the past couple of days now, this thread has made up my mind. RUN FOR THE HILLS BOYS!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
Don't worry, we're safe... People from Louisiana can't spell!0 -
Diamondog:There just happens to be a thread all about this: Etiquette
Thank you Diamondog. This helps alot. Thank goodness I have been following the rules around here and didn't know it. And based on what happen yesterday. I've learned a valuable lesson courtesy of MR. Kuzi. I will post when I get off from work today.0











