Custom Humidor?
nikostewart
Posts: 451 ✭
Anyone build their own Humidor? I keep thinking to myself that once my 50 count humidor is full maybe a custom one should be in order?
Thanks for your responses!
Thanks for your responses!
0
Comments
-
0
-
^ What he saidkuzi16:0 -
Thanks for the link!
Has anyone on the forum that is not a professional build one?
I plan on building a nice entertainment center for the house and was thinking how nice it would be to incorporate the humidor into it, considering it is becoming my main entertainment.
0 -
I think it's been attempted, though I don't know how well it's turned out. Search around the forums; I think one guy built a humidor into his wall and it came out pretty nice. Though really all a humidor is is just a box that keeps humidity in, but isn't airtight, allowing cigars to breathe a bit; if you know what you're doing, you could probably do it
But if you're looking for something bigger than a typical humidor, WaxingMoon's done humidors the size of dressers before, and his stuff is really top-notch quality at a really low price - just an FYI. He's really good about working with a buyer to stay within their price range, so you may wanna get an estimate from him0 -
Thanks for the heads up, I will have to pm him for some more information when the time comes.
0 -
i was thinking of doing some sort of custom humidor a while back.
it came down to me not having the time, money, or tools.
there is plenty of good info out there though. you may want to check out a woodworking forum as well.0 -
WaxingMoon doesn't answer PM's, I think - you gotta go to his site, Kuzi posted the link, and fill out an estimate forum (takes about 5 minutes)0
-
Thanks for the information, I will check out the site.0
-
It would be cool to convert a closet into a walk in humi.Light 'em up.0
-
Didn't someone here make a in wall humi?0
-
Love the look of waxingmoon humidors, but im in NJ and the temp. changes drastically from winter to summer and I need temp control. I have a converted edgestar I use which has been doing its job well since around June this year.0
-
YES SIR, MY FIL MADE ME ONE. HERE MAN. my fil never built one b4, but hes a perfectionist. my humidity is always spot on, my smokes are perfect. http://www.cigar.com/cs/forums/thread/183060.aspxGoldy:Didn't someone here make a in wall humi?0 -
That is nice!!! I was thinking something very similar but it will be part of my entertainment wall unit.
0 -
its alot of work. theres no seals just step mill work w/ a nice snug fit. took him 3mths i think. solid oak joined and all lined w/ spanish cedar. led strip lights along edge w/ dimmer and remote control.nikostewart:That is nice!!! I was thinking something very similar but it will be part of my entertainment wall unit.0



