My review of Partagás Coronas Senior.

JCizzle
JCizzle Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
5.1 x 42

What a great stick. Nice presentation; tubed, with a light brown wrapper--this one had a bit of bloom on it which I hadn't seen before--and a simple red and gold band. The aroma was very grassy, almost like alfalfa. It lit easily and had a nice, open draw.

Flavor was very woody with hints of sawdust like you would smell in a carpentry shop almost. The finish was very smooth and creamy. It finished strong and thoroughly kicked my ass as usual. I thought I was in the clear with about an inch to go, but it snuck up on me and delivered a swift punch to the face.

Overall a great experience, I'd definitely get a box of these.

Cheers.
Light 'em up.

Comments

  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    Partagas cigars definitely tend to be at the stronger end of the Cuban spectrum. That said, compared to some of the strength gimmicks coming from Nicaragua these days, it's nothing.
  • JCizzle
    JCizzle Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭
    Makes sense. It gave me a buzz but nothing that knocked me on the ground or anything.
    Light 'em up.