Bead Tubes

I'm looking for 1-2 empty bead tubes... When I got my new humi I got a big tube of beads and now I see that I should have gone with 2-3 smaller tubes... I have stuff to trade if anyone has a few of the smaller tubes...
or any input on where to order them cheaply...

Comments

  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    Do you have the beads from your big tubes still? Just put the beads from in the big tubes into stockings, tied off into little bags.
  • robbyras
    robbyras Posts: 5,487 ✭
    can you place them straight in the Humi like that? it won't cause problems, mainly with the ceder?
  • docbp87
    docbp87 Posts: 3,521 ✭
    Yeah. Even active, moistened beads shouldn't be dripping wet or anything, so it would be fine.
  • Krieg
    Krieg Posts: 5,211 ✭✭✭
    should work like a charm, and congratulations on your new humi, what did u get?

    "Long ashes my friends."

  • Dustin1981
    Dustin1981 Posts: 412 ✭
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
  • ejenne87
    ejenne87 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭
    So, I see this right now, and I threw away two of the 4 ounce heartfelt tubes last night! If only today wasn't garbage day I totally would have hooked you up :-(
  • Hays
    Hays Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭
    Dustin1981:
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
    This is precisely what I've done, and so far it's worked out pretty groovy.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

    ¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨
  • TatuajeVI
    TatuajeVI Posts: 2,378 ✭
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
    This is precisely what I've done, and so far it's worked out pretty groovy.
    Works like a charm! And you can take a tubing on the go for a vacation. Throw it in your herfador and your cigars stay humidified.
  • Smokeee
    Smokeee Posts: 220 ✭
    I did the stocking thing, and it worked like a charm! ;)
  • Sandman1am
    Sandman1am Posts: 2,565 ✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
    This is precisely what I've done, and so far it's worked out pretty groovy.
    Works like a charm! And you can take a tubing on the go for a vacation. Throw it in your herfador and your cigars stay humidified.
    Made mine at Tat's house and use it in my humi and herfador. Works well.....just one thing don't make the holes too big or the beads will all fall out and it's kinda messy.
  • Hays
    Hays Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭
    Sandman1am:
    TatuajeVI:
    Hays:
    Dustin1981:
    Something else you could do is take a couple of empty cigar tubes and put holes in them and fill those with the beads.
    This is precisely what I've done, and so far it's worked out pretty groovy.
    Works like a charm! And you can take a tubing on the go for a vacation. Throw it in your herfador and your cigars stay humidified.
    Made mine at Tat's house and use it in my humi and herfador. Works well.....just one thing don't make the holes too big or the beads will all fall out and it's kinda messy.
    Agreed. I used the needle point on a compass (the type you draw with), and found that it worked best with aluminum tubes. My first plan was to use plastic ones, as I thought they would take the holes better, but they all ended up cracking before I finished poking the holes. Not to mention, all the tubos I used were from ISOM sticks, so that's kind of a cool addition to the humi.
    ¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen

    ¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨