Hello to all

lcpleel
lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
Just wanted to say hello to everyone~ Just a few words about me. I have been a cigar smoker for about 10-11 years and actually started when I joined the USMC. Just couldn't get enough. For the past few months I've been trying a few different types and brands, mostly gurkahs. I've actually already learned alot by reading the other posts and have much more to learn. In advance I would like to say thank you for all the advice and guidance.
«1

Comments

  • sightunseen
    sightunseen Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forums.
  • jsnake
    jsnake Posts: 5,979 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
  • lcpleel
    lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the warm welcome. Gurkahs have been great so far, I've enjoyed the Legend and the Centurian.
  • fla-gypsy
    fla-gypsy Posts: 3,023 ✭✭
    Welcome to the group, great bunch here
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    agreed...hey jsnake...i just got a Art Deco preembargo...check it out..

    http://tobaccogrove.com/index.cfm/pageid/53/rc_hidecontent/11/familyid/84#family_84
  • Gentleman
    Gentleman Posts: 152 ✭
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    People hate on ghurkas? That's lame.
  • brotheradam
    brotheradam Posts: 896
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    Welcome and I agree with jsnake.
  • TatuajeVI
    TatuajeVI Posts: 2,378 ✭
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
  • bandyt09
    bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    .......increase the collecting addiction!
    More like the FORUM addiction....
  • kaspera79
    kaspera79 Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭
    Oh no , these California guys are taking over the place. Well, it's still nice to have you with us lcpleel
  • TatuajeVI
    TatuajeVI Posts: 2,378 ✭
    bandyt09:
    TatuajeVI:
    .......increase the collecting addiction!
    More like the FORUM addiction....
    Yeah, that, too! And the trading addiction, and the bombing addiction...
  • bandyt09
    bandyt09 Posts: 4,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    bandyt09:
    TatuajeVI:
    .......increase the collecting addiction!
    More like the FORUM addiction....
    Yeah, that, too! And the trading addiction, and the bombing addiction...
    Don't forget the Daily Deal addiction and KellyG Saturday Deal (when she's working, of course) addiction......

    Why do I feel like I need to go to a meeting? Oops, I meant herf..................


    Seriously lcpleel, welcome to the boards.
  • Hayblet
    Hayblet Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    Yay! Another Gurkha fan! Welcome!
  • lcpleel
    lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    lol Gurkah got me in trouble with my lady. on my 4th box this month. ageing some and enjoying the rest.
  • kuzi16
    kuzi16 Posts: 14,625 ✭✭✭✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
    i agree. once i discovered Camacho, Avo, LFD, Davidoff, Tats, Oliva, Cubao, etc...
    i kinda lost my urge for gurkha. they arent bad and im happy with the ones i keep on hand, im just not rushing out to buy more any time soon.
  • Fourtotheflush
    Fourtotheflush Posts: 2,552 ✭✭
    kuzi16:
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
    i agree. once i discovered Camacho, Avo, LFD, Davidoff, Tats, Oliva, Cubao, etc...
    i kinda lost my urge for gurkha. they arent bad and im happy with the ones i keep on hand, im just not rushing out to buy more any time soon.


    iMA HATER, BUT i WAS A RP *** AT ONE POINT. IM TOTALLY OFF THAT WAGON.

  • laker1963
    laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Welcome.
  • Diamondog
    Diamondog Posts: 4,171 ✭✭
    laker1963:
    Welcome.
    Was wondering where you were hadn't seen ya around, maybe I wasn't paying attention lol
  • lilwing88
    lilwing88 Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service.
    Guns don't kill people, Daddies with pretty daughters do…..
  • lcpleel
    lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    Thank you for the warm welcome and just doing my part.
  • gmill880
    gmill880 Posts: 5,936 ✭✭
    welcome ... you'll find a great bunch here ...
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    dang bro....what boxes did u all buy?
  • lcpleel
    lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    so far Gurkha Black Dragon, Gurkha Centurian, Gurkha Master's Select, and Gurkha Legend. thats not counting the Gurkha singles and samplers.
  • Joeyjoe21_8
    Joeyjoe21_8 Posts: 2,048
    black dragon is one of my fav's for sure...centurian I thought was over rated but i need another one to try and see if i like it, i have a masters select resting...and gurkha legend is good
  • laker1963
    laker1963 Posts: 5,046
    Diamondog:
    laker1963:
    Welcome.
    Was wondering where you were hadn't seen ya around, maybe I wasn't paying attention lol
    WORK !! It is high summer on Vancouver Island. That means I stay real busy.I usually check in every day but not always to post. It is extremely busy... but I do love summer :)
  • The Sniper
    The Sniper Posts: 3,910 ✭
    TatuajeVI:
    Welcome! There are a ton of great brands out there, this forum is a great way to pick up new ideas and increase the collecting addiction!
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    heh. I'm not a hater, but I'd certainly recommend about 15 other brands before I'd recommend Gurkha.
    AMEN, and +1! Who you gonna trust on this Gurkha issue, a gentleman with TATUAJE in his name or a SERPENT??? LOL

    Seriously, welcome to the forums! Great group of people here & always glad to add one more.

  • Adcurium
    Adcurium Posts: 179 ✭✭
    The forum encourages us to keep our wallets light!
  • TheDrifter
    TheDrifter Posts: 83
    Gentleman:
    jsnake:
    Welcome. Don't listen to the haters. Gurkha Cigars are great.
    People hate on ghurkas? That's lame.

    Yeah, I see it a lot at the B&Ms, mostly because I'm young(er) and a lot of the old guys like to bust chops on new kids coming in to try Gurkhas, I tel 'em the first cigar I ever had was a Punch given to me by my dad and they usually quiet up pretty quick hah. I also think it's because they've been steadily gaining popularity and everyone hates on the top dog.
  • lcpleel
    lcpleel Posts: 3,455 ✭✭✭
    I've actualy been trying to build my taste buds so I've smoked alot of different types of smokes that everyones been recommending. I've just been putting alot of gurks in aging.
  • ENFIDL
    ENFIDL Posts: 5,836 ✭
    From one Jarhead to another, welcome to the forums brother!