Cigar festival in Nicaragua
ADVILLEDA
Posts: 1
Does anyone know when if there is going to be a 2nd annual cigar festival this year in Nicaragua. I remember reading about it in Cigar Aficionado that the 1st annual festival was held on or around the 1st week of Dec in 2009. So im wondering if there is goign to be one this year and how to attend
0
Comments
-
Do you know where it was held? A new friend recently extended a very generous offer to me...apparently he owns a very large plantation down in Nicaragua, about 40 miles from Esteli, complete with vehicles, motorcycles, and a driver, and he suggested that I go down and take advantage of it for a week or two..¨The cure for anything is salt water: sweat, tears, or the sea¨ - Isak Dinesen
¨Only two people walk around in this world beardless - boys and women - and I am neither one.¨0 -
the next one may not be until 2012. I went last year which was the first year and I did not see many end consumers, but it was thrown together kind of last minute and I think it would get better each year. I will keep you guys posted if I hear anything.0
-
On this note, the festival can be a bit spendy. If you guys are willing to pay, we could do a CCOM forum trip in 2011. My friend is finishing up a nice 10 bedroom house.0
-
Holy crap! lol. Wish we could do that. Not sure what my finances would be like, though. Where is it?Alex Svenson:On this note, the festival can be a bit spendy. If you guys are willing to pay, we could do a CCOM forum trip in 2011. My friend is finishing up a nice 10 bedroom house.0 -
This all sounds amazing. If anyone is going, let us know!0
-
man... im already going to nicaragua in jan 2011.... the forum trip on top of that may be a bit much for my budgetAlex Svenson:On this note, the festival can be a bit spendy. If you guys are willing to pay, we could do a CCOM forum trip in 2011. My friend is finishing up a nice 10 bedroom house.0 -
Alex Svenson:On this note, the festival can be a bit spendy. If you guys are willing to pay, we could do a CCOM forum trip in 2011. My friend is finishing up a nice 10 bedroom house.
Seems like we talked about a CCOM trip last year if I remember correctly, to visit some places. I think the Drew Estates trips were what brought it up back then. Alex , it seems you said Feb. or March were the best times to go , is that correct ? Maybe a forum trip to some of the places you like to go and play at would be more fun than the festival and we could meet some of the cigar people you deal with on a regular basis and maybe some factories as well ( if they would agree to such a thing and have time for it ) . Just asking ...0 -
Hays:Do you know where it was held? A new friend recently extended a very generous offer to me...apparently he owns a very large plantation down in Nicaragua, about 40 miles from Esteli, complete with vehicles, motorcycles, and a driver, and he suggested that I go down and take advantage of it for a week or two..
Sounds like a VERY generous friend ...also sounds like a awsome trip.0 -
say whaaaaaaaaat lolAlex Svenson:On this note, the festival can be a bit spendy. If you guys are willing to pay, we could do a CCOM forum trip in 2011. My friend is finishing up a nice 10 bedroom house."Beauty is in the eye when you hold her." -Ricky0 -
Looks like the festival is coming up again for those interested! www.nicaraguancigarfestival.com0




